1.14.2018

Bit of an update - Written several days ago and just now posted :-)

So I'm a little bit behind on updating this old blog. In case you missed it, we shared this on Instagram/Facebook a couple weeks ago.


.
Yep, baby #4 is on it's way, due to arrive in August. Still had no nickname so feel free to suggest something. Norah just calls it "baby tummy mama tummy." So that's big news. You haven't missed much else because I've basically been laying low. I actually came here to do a life/pregnancy update and realized I'd never done an actual announcement! Bad blogger!

But I'm almost 11 week now* and it's early for me to be feeling better but I do think my good days are getting better. My bad days are still bad, earlier this week I threw up 5 times and literally only moved from couch/bed/bathroom in a rotation. But the next couple of days Lucy and I did some school and one day I started laundry and folded the baskets that had been sitting there two days and even did the dishes. Doing the dishes is actually huge because our dishwasher for some reason thought now was a good time to break (seriously, loading and unloading the dishwasher all by herself was one of the most helpful things Lucy could do for me and it was taken from me!) and I had to stand at the sink for about 10 minutes. HG means you measure success is standing for a significant amount of time or being able to brush you teeth. I'm not sure here to complain. I actually had a great trip to Texas to see family and friends and while I had 1-2 bad days, I did much much better than normal which was really nice.

And I'm starting to plan for when I won't be sick. I'm making a list of things I need at Target. I haven't been to target since November and my list is growing. It's not particularly exciting but when ones  laundry baskets keep breaking and you just live with it, the idea of getting a couple new ones does give one a bit of a thrill.  I also ordered the last few Year 3 items for Lucy because we should finish Year 2 next week! We had an abridged term so we'll have abridged exams too then take a brief break while we settle our new puppy in.  Yes, we're getting a puppy. Because yes, we ARE crazy. But February is looking pretty awesome and I'm really looking forward to it. Hopefully I'll be able to write before then but if not, I'm sure I'll at least share puppy pictures.

*Okay, 10 weeks and 5 days but when you're desperate to get to that second trimester, you round up!

No comments :

Post a Comment