2.17.2013

Getting 'er done

I'd been wanting to make some changes/additions to the blog for a while but put it off because last time I did a big redesign, oh about 4 years ago, it was a ton of work and almost all of it had to be done my hand, digging around in code. I like the fun design photoshopping parts but I don't really like working with html/css at all. But blogger has improved a lot since then, this time it was a piece of cake. I'm still not quite done but I'm getting there. Here's my check-list:

  • Fix comment widget
  • New Header
  • New Background/Cleaner design (Background thanks to Erin Bradley Designs according to her terms of use contract, she's got some cute stuff so check it out!)
  • Make "About Us" page
  • Nag Craig to update his portion of "About Us" page
  • Add buttons/links to Pages from home
  • New Buttons 
  • Popular Posts (aka beloved banter)
  • Add Amazon affiliates (in progress. I added a carousel widget with our current reads but I'm not sure if I'll keep it. If you have an opinion either way, feel free to share it!)
  • Update Lucy's book list and finish adding links (do I have to redo links if my Amazon affiliate application is accepted? That would be annoying. I'll hold of on adding more links until I know.)
So that's what I've been up to these last few nights. It's amazing what you can accomplish when you aren't in the middle of a k-drama. 




No comments :

Post a Comment