9.21.2011

Wrecking Crew

Back in our younger days, MacKenzie used to make me watch renovation shows on HGTV. I did not enjoy them (too bad they didn't have Holmes on Homes back then), especially since I was not a homeowner.. I really didn't like how they always gave the homeowners sledgehammers to swing around with wild abandon. Often, the stuff they smashed could easily have been salvaged. At the very least, it is much easier to haul one or two pieces outside instead of 45 pieces, which is what you get from smashing. But I guess smashing makes for better TV.

One particular incident, though, made my week. This guy went to hit a closed toilet lid with his sledgehammer (yeah, why would you do that?). The lid shattered into shards, one of which sliced into his arm or leg (I can't recall which), bloodying him up. I definitely LOL'ed. I tried to find the video on Youtube, but a search for "toilet sledgehammer" comes up with a lot of videos.

Anyway, we are in the demolition phase right now, and I can assure you that I swung no sledgehammers with wild abandon. Here's me at work:



1 comment :

  1. I totally remember watching this! I'm pretty sure I thought, 'Wow, what an idiot.' If it is the same one, it was his leg, and there was a lot of blood.

    Safety, first. :) Did you guys get to work on it this weekend?

    ReplyDelete