9.13.2012

Still here


I'm still here, still pregnant. You know, just in case you were thinking that maybe we secretly had a baby three days ago but didn't want anyone to know.

I just haven't posted because, in what is a very uncommon experience for me, I don't have anything to say. At least not anything that isn't super cranky. And I feel bad enough for subjecting Craig to my crankiness, I don't need to feel bad for you guys too.

But if you really really want to pray for me, you can. It's not that I'm two days away from my due date but still pregnant, I know that is statistically very common and both baby and I are doing fine so no worries there. It's more that -

1) I've been having serious contractions for two full weeks at this point. Last tuesday I was at 10-15 minute spread for 8 hours, went to bed but still woke up 3-4 times during the night with hard contactions then at 6am, they stopped. Physically, it's not the worse but mentally, it's rough.

2) I have insomnia. I can sleep for the first 3-4 hours of every night but I wake up around 2 and can't sleep anymore but too tired to move. I don't function well on 4 hours of sleep at a normal time of my life so I'll just let you imagine what this is doing to me. And it takes me about an hour at naptime to fall asleep so that means I get about 20 minutes before Lucy wakes up.

3) I'm having a weird nesting thing where I basically don't want to be around anyone. I want it to be very quiet and I don't want anyone touching me. This is probably exacerbated by the above two circumstances but no matter what the reason, considering my profession as a SAHM to a toddler, it's a bit of a joke. It's taking 200% of the patience that I don't currently have to deal with Lucy which is frustrating because she's being a real sweet heart lately - but as sweet as it is for her to want to snuggle on my non-existence lap and pet my face, I don't want her touching me!

So there is me, trying not to share my crankiness with you. Hopefully the next post you see will have some cute smooshy baby face pictures and not more whining, for both your sake and mine.

1 comment :

  1. I had a dream last night that you had your baby. It was a BOY! You named him Samuel.

    Sadly, those are the only details I can provide because the rest of my dreams were about being a contestant on Project Runway (it was so stressful!).

    Hang in there--you can do this. (I've probably forgotten that I wanted to punch people in the face who told me that.) :) You've got this!

    ReplyDelete