5.16.2013

SSMT #10

I feel like these posts are probably a little boring now that I'm sticking with James but I like the accountability so I'll just keeping posting and y'all feel free to skip.

I'm still working in James 3. I didn't seem to find as much time this month to work on it so I'm just now getting to the point where I can try without reading the whole thing. But still, progress is progress.

I really liked the focus on the mouth and tongue. It's nice to know I'm not the only one who struggles with that - and I loved verses seven and eight especially:

For every kind of beast and bird, of reptile and sea creature, can be tamed and has been tamed by mankind,  but no human being can tame the tongue.

Taming my tongue. I'm not going to be able to do it - at least not by myself. But the whole section is warning about the dangers the tongue can do so hopefully there is a solution out there somewhere. It doesn't specifically say so in this verse, but I'm pretty sure based on the rest of the bible, that we are supposed to by relying on God to change us. So I'm not responsible for taming my tongue, I'm only responsible for allowing Him to. That I can do.


No comments :

Post a Comment