5.22.2016

A Mother's Daybook - May 22

Ready for - Term 2! We start tomorrow. I was going to start next week and had lots of extra fun plans ready for our last week but we have to be home tomorrow to meet a plumber and the weather report for the rest of the week looks to be nothing but thunderstorms so...we'll just have fun with school instead! Insert tongue sticking out emoji here.

And I think we are all ready. Makes me laugh to read all the end-of-year blog posts when I'm ready to get going again and am really excited about all our new artist and composer and the fun folks songs that I picked out so the break did us good. That's the beauty of homeschooling. Although I am ready for extra curricular stuff to end. We finished up tumbling a few weeks ago and have our American Heritage Girls banquet this week so Lucy will be done with everything, I helped put on our church's women spring brunch this past Saturday so I just have one more women's steering event of the year and it is prep-free! We don't do a ton outside the home and those are well thought out but the break is nice too. I'm such a classic introvert it isn't even funny.

Reading - My first blogging for books book! And I'm enjoying it a lot. I'm so glad. I don't mind giving a bad review if it's a true reflection of what I think about the book, I have before, although those authors are often dead which makes it easier, but it would be a killjoy to start off with a negative review. So look for that soon-ish. Although I also have a back to the classic review to finish. I can't seem to write my review posts with kids in the room the same way I can these Mother's Daybooks. It hurts my brain.

Looking for - My blogging mojo. I miss writing consistently. And it bothers me that I don't get to do the review and editing that I'd like but if I do, I'd never post anything! I don't think most of y'all are judging my posts harshly so I'm not sure why it bothers me so much, but it does. And even when I do get time to write, so often it feels rushed. Not sure what to do about that but it is what it is.

Feeling - Sentimental. Lucy will be six in a couple days. How did this happen? That's one blog post that won't be hard to write. Lucy has grown so much this last year and I never have problems bragging on my kids but I'd better not even get started with that or this post won't get finished ;-)

Thinking - Up some read-aloud options for DH. I normally do one chapter of a read-aloud at naptime and at bed (in addition to picture books) before Craig takes over with bible time but Norah's bedtime is shifting. He'll take over read-aloud at bedtime now and I need some really dad friendly read-alouds for the 4-6 age range as we switch to a divide and conquer bedtime routine. I feel like we've done a lot of the obvious ones (little house, eb white books, etc) and most of the ones I've got on my list are a bit on the girly side. I mean, both kids are enjoying Betsy, Tacy and Tib but I don't think the next in the series is really on Craig's "must read" list, you know? And parental enthusiasm counts for a lot in reading aloud. We are going to try The Lion, The Witch and the Wardrobe and I think it will either be a big hit or it will be too intense and nobody will get a good night's sleep. But if you have any good dad reads, please share!

No comments :

Post a Comment