9.21.2018

Jonah turns 6


Dear Jonah,

You're 6 years old now! We measured you on the wall and then did your birthday interview. You crack me up sometimes. 

Jonah's Birthday Interview:


What is your favorite color? Red

What is your favorite toy? Legos

What is your favorite game? Enchanted Forest

What is your favorite song? Star Wars song! Of course! (Yes, I know. I hear him humming it all the time!)

What is your favorite animal? Gorilla

What is your favorite book? Clone Wars

What do you like to snuggle with at night? Nothing, that's a baby question. Too old for that. 

What is your favorite movie? Star Wars!

What is your favorite thing to eat? Pizza

Where is your favorite place to go? Library - to get Star Wars books. 

What is your favorite outfit? I have no star wars outfits. But I do have a favorite, my batman outfits. My other ones outgrew me. 

What do you like to learn about? Star wars...ha, ha, ha. What about in school? Okay, then. Math.

What have you learned in the last year? Math, math, math. 


What is hard for you? Falling asleep. 

What is your favorite thing to do as a family? Go places, park, nature centers. 

What do you like about Mommy? That you had a baby.  And I like to go on dates with you. 

What do you like about Daddy? That he tells funny jokes. 

What do you like about Lucy?  Lucy's teaches me how to do stuff. 

What do you like about Norah? That she's so funny. 

What do you like about Jude? That he's a tiny baby and that he is someone I can babysit. I'm a good babysitter for him. (Note: He's talking about when I say, "Hey, watch here Jude swing while I go down and switch the laundry" or "I'm going to take a shower while Jude is asleep, tell me if he wakes up and starts to cry". I promise I'm not leaving them unattended for lengthy periods of time :-)

 

What do you like about yourself? That I'm as so crazy. 

What do you want to be when you grow up? A robot maker and inventor - of robots. 


We recently let you watch the original Star Wars series for the first time and well, it was a hit. Now, it's all Star Wars all the time around here! You wanted a Star Wars cake and initially that had me perplexed because all the ones I could find were quite involved and involved lots of black fondant. But you and I figured out a good solution and you loved your cake. The candles as light sabers was your own "invention" and it worked perfectly! 




When one kid really wants to eat Luke and the other really wants Darth Vader and dad is a pretty nice guy :-)

Present time: Star Wars Legos, Star Wars dress up, star wars tees. Plus a really cool robot you got to stay up late coding with-  and some more legos and you've still got a  few more presents in the mail. And Lucy de andsigned made you a cardboard computer and coding "toy." Your family does love to spoil you!




You're worth spoiling a bit. Some stuff comes easy to you, especially math and you've recently taken off with reading. You have some amazing ideas and are always coming up with plans - some feasible, some not as much. But you've also faced some big challenges. You are one of the most determined and persistent kids I know though so you're moving past them and it makes me so proud of you. Your determination does not always make you easy to parent but I can't wait to see how God is going to use those qualities in you as you grow up (well, actually, I can wait, don't get there too fast!). You've always been my "Jojo" but this summer have said you would like to be "Jonah" now. Oh, well, okay then. 

You've always been on the shy side which only makes me sad because not everyone gets to see and hear how funny and clever you can be but I can see your personality start to emerge around others more and more. You seem to be a favorite at church and have made friends young and old.

You're small in size but not in strength. You're super athletic and always climbing up things and doing amazing feats that make my heart skip a beat while I try and be laid back about it. So far no broken bones! Just a lot of baths and a lot of laundry.


Earlier this year when you decided to dig a big pit. Ruined several pairs of shorts but you and your puppy pal burned off a lot of energy. 

You have a great heart. I've seen that grow so much this year as you've had the chance to really ponder some big ideas and your love for God and his Word is such a joy to behold. You're a great brother and can be so loving and kind it melts my heart. I just love your combination of energy and spirit and crazy boy wildness that I can't seem to tame that can switch in an instant to this calm sweet boy who helps his siblings as gently as can be. I can't wait to see what the next year brings to you - and you to it!

No comments :

Post a Comment