11.19.2010

Bathroom bits

We bought a bathroom exhaust fan last night…and the crowd goes wild! After all that, we just went in to Lowe's, found one for under $100 that had a light with it and walked out. Easy peasy. It was a bit anti-climactic.

I never did respond to Rachel’s question about the need for a heater. The only reason we were considering it is about 17 lbs, bald and used to cry whenever she was given a bath. Yep, that is “used to” as in – past tense! I really do think it was because she was cold. Our bathroom is small and the vent in there won’t shut so during the summer when we had the air on, it was colder than most of the house. Now that we have the heat on, it is one of the warmest rooms. And she know likes baths again. Coincidence? I think not.

I’ll make a confession, until last week when we tried out baths again, I was only giving her a shower once every 14 days or so. I know that is a long time but even with showers, she would cry as soon as she got out of the (nice warm) water into the (mean cold) air. And not just fuss a little bit, cry so hard she would throw up, which would often mean she ended the bath messier than when she started out. She didn’t understand that it was only for a few seconds and then I would put clothes on her and she would be warm again. Since she wasn’t running around all day getting sweaty and dirty, I thought two weeks worked. But we have now moved back to bathing every other day and I must say, I do feel better about it. So why didn’t we go with the heated fan?

Well, Rachel made some good points about the negatives to a heater, then the electrician made an even better one – it would require its own circuit and add an extra hundred dollars to the installation costs (plus the additional cost to buy the heater/fan combo) so we said "no thanks". If we have problems with Lucy and the cold again, we’ll just buy a space heater. I would say go back to the bi-weekly baths but she might get a some sort of complex if her dad keeps referring to her as his “stinky feet baby”.

No comments :

Post a Comment