1.07.2011

Down again

What an emotional swing. Yesterday morning felt a lot like that Christmas post, happy and optimistic. By the evening, all that had changed. My mom's tumor has come back. We knew the odds were favoring that by a lot, but you force yourself to have hope. Hope is a tricky thing, you need it, you want it, but sometimes it feels like a double edged sword. No matter what the numbers say and what you know you should expect, it is devastating when you hear it has actually happened.

Lucy and I are just gonna take it easy today, so far we are still in our jammies and I think we'll stay that way for the morning, just playing and praying. How much do I wish I could be this girl again, she had so much hope still. Maybe I'll get back there again but today I just need some time to process.


No comments :

Post a Comment