5.22.2011

In which I appear more technologically savvy than I am.

1) I bought a Kindle this weekend. A few months ago I would have scoffed at the idea and considered myself a literary purist but slowly but surely, I began to crumble until I decided, I wanted one. I really really wanted one. And so far, I really really like it, particularly the access to classics for free.

2) Along with that, I've been spending quite a bit of time on girlebooks.com because they not only have the books to download, but their reviews help me select which ones I want - and the books come with cute covers. Not that I care about stuff like that :-) I don't really care for the site's name though.

3) I joined Pinterest. I held out thinking that if I joined, my account would end up like my twitter, unused and unloved. But nope, I lurve Pinterest! I could spend quite a bit more time than I should browsing all the pretty things that I don't have the time/energy/money to make/buy. And that sounds like it would be depressing but funnily enough, it is inspirational. I'm still more of a watcher than a pinner, but you should follow me (my username is brc_mackenzie) as encouragement to change that. I can invite you if you don't want to wait.

4) I've been scrapping like crazy trying to get caught up with Lucy's first year. I don't feel the need to be completely done with her first year's pages by her birthday (especially since I obviously can't make her birthday pages until after her parties - and yes, there will be multiple parties) but I do want to be close. I'm getting there. I promised myself if I did well enough I would share a few of my favorites (yes, I bribe myself, don't judge me :-) so I think you might be seeing a few later this week. And this is tech related because I scrapbook digitally, it is so much easier that way.

No comments :

Post a Comment