6.27.2011

Big Girl Room – Up next

I’m still not quite ready to call Lucy’s room complete. I’ve got other things going on so I’m not focused on it right now but here are my ideas for when I do get a bit of time and money to spare for it.

1) Replace the quilt. I made that quilt and I do like it, but it seems a little boyish for this space. I want something really colorful and a little big vintage looking. I’ve pinned a couple patterns and store bought ones but I’m not sure which way I’m leaning yet.

2) Remember that boring wall. I hope so, I only talked about it yesterday :-) Anyway, I have plans to put a rain gutter book shelf and fabric hoops there.  I’ve even bought the fabric for the hoops but I’m waiting to put it all together since I’m not sure when Lucy will start sleeping here. Right now she is on her own mattress on the floor in our room (at least at the start of the night :-) but she still gets up several times so I don’t want to move her farther away. If I knew she was staying in our room for another year or two, I’d go ahead and finish the wall but if she is ready to move out before that, the bed will be going until I’m sure she won’t leap out in the middle of the night and break open her head. I think it would look weird to have all that stuff then a big gap with a mattress on the floor but since a mattress on the floor isn’t the most design savvy thing anyway, maybe I should just do it now and not worry about it.

3) Bribe Craig somehow to replace the mini-blinds with the plastic wood like shutter type blinds and switch out the doorknob. Neither really has to be done right away and no one else would probably notice either one, but I would and isn’t that what matters?

No comments :

Post a Comment