3.25.2012

15 Weeks!

I thought I would do a pregnancy update. Here is where I would put a belly picture except I don't have one. In fact, I don't seem to have a single picture that shows that I am pregnant. I keep meaning to get around to it, especially after I noticed a big gap in pictures from 6 weeks to 15-16 weeks during my last pregnancy. Hmm, I wonder if there is a reason for that?

But I could do a belly picture. I've got one already. In fact, I started putting away clothes at 7 weeks and am totally in maternity pants now with only a few non-maternity shirts that work. I guess that is what happens when you combine a second pregnancy with actual weight gain instead of weight loss like last time around.

This is a problem considering its been really warm here lately and I was not pregnant during the summer last time. But maternity outfits look so cute on pinterest but when I look at actual items they are all hideous. Why are all the maternity t-shirts I see so thin? Its hot and I'm pregnant, I don't want to wear multiple layers people! Of course, there is cute stuff out there if you are willing to pay a ridiculous amount. How adorable is this tunic from Boden! But there is no way I'm paying almost $90 for a shirt that Lucy would probably spill something on within 10 minutes.

I finally just gave up and ordered some reasonable priced and hopefully non-hideous stuff from Old Navy and Gap and am relying on some items I borrowed from a friend to get me through until my order arrives.

I am beginning to feel like myself again. I've had a few periods of three or four good days before but they were always followed by a couple bad days which are even worse because I thought I was done. But I've felt pretty good for almost a week now. I still get queasy if I'm not diligent about eating enough but totally manageable.

And I'm getting more cravings although I'm not sure if I can call them cravings as much as my allowing myself to splurge on foods I normally like but don't get. Like guacamole. Traders Joe's avacados number guac is so so so good. Unfortunately Lucy loves "green dip" as much as I do so I have to be willing to share (and clean up a mess) or wait until after bedtime. Another splurge - Kix. I justify that nutritionally by saying I eat them with milk and milk has protein but yah, that's all I got. But I ate a serving of vegetables with dinner for the first time in months this week which means I should probably start up with the Brewer diet and supplements again sometime soon. It really wasn't that bad once I got into the routine last time but looking at the chart stresses me out.

Lucy is doing pretty well with the concept of a baby.  If I have to remind her not to kick me (when I'm laying next to her, she doesn't just come up and kick me, that would be odd), she'll say "baby" and pats my tummy or wants to give it a kiss. And she talks a lot about how we went driving with daddy to listen to the baby. Of course, she doesn't really have a clue what she is in for, but I probably don't either :-)

That's about all the baby news I have. But hopefully I'll have the energy not only to post but to do fun stuff to post about soon!

1 comment :

  1. I'm so glad to hear that you're feeling better!

    I made the mistake of buying a couple of (non-maternity) plain, black t-shirts at Target (that I did NOT try on b/c I figured they couldn't be messed up), and they were apparently some 'tissue weight' fabric aka see through aka clingy when washed aka thrown in the trash (er, donated). Terrible. I was pleased with all of my Old Navy maternity picks (but it's a little unnerving to have to order most online without trying it on first). I don't understand why their in-store maternity section is so small.

    Anyway, guac does a body good. It has 'good fats,' after all. :) And I haven't eaten Kix...is it peanut butter-flavored cereal?

    ReplyDelete