4.17.2012

You and me Rex, we got a lot in common.

I hate confrontation. Almost any sort of confrontation in real life makes me jittery. My palms get sweaty and frankly, my whole day is ruined with the stress of it all. One of my favorite quotes is the T-Rex from Toy Story yells out "I don't like confrontations!"

But I also love to talk. And I love to talk about silly things and deep things and controversial things and basically anything I've been thinking about if there is someone else around that wants to talk about it too. And I tend to be fairly passionate about some subjects. See the dilemma brewing here?

That's why I love my blog. It's my outlet. I read articles about how to have a successful blog and laugh when they get to the part about having a focus and staying on topic - ha. Its a good thing I'm not really trying to have a "successful blog" because my part of this blog doesn't have a topic other than - my brain. Sometimes my brain is all about Lucy and how adorable she is and what fun things we've been doing. Sometimes it's about what completely weird things I'm trying to incorporate into my life (sip of my fermented fruit drink, anyone?).  And sometimes I'm all about what is wrong with the world and how I know how to fix it :-) You never know what you're gonna get. And yes, it's my brain so I've been there and I sympathize with you.

It truly is a brain dump, but sometimes I think that gets misunderstood. Or maybe I worry that it does because I do often post things that have to do with the experiences/conversations/situations of myself and those around me for the simply fact that there is normally a reason I start thinking about something. So sometimes I censor myself. Then I get mad at myself for doing so because this is my outlet and I can't "outlet."

I'm bring this up because I wrote a post last night but am sitting on it for now because while not directed at anyone at all, I think it might be taken that way (and oh, if you only knew the topic because there is some serious irony going on between this post and that one).

I know that  I don't sit down and think about what I believe needs to be said  to anyone and then try to say it, I just write about what I've been thinking about, but does everyone else know that? But I never write to convince anyone they are wrong. I never write to "get back" at someone. I just write.

So if you happen to know me IRL, and you find yourself wondering, "Is she writing this about me? Or to me?"  The answer is no. Unless your name is Mary Jane and I've said "Mary Jane shared with me this awesome recipe for banana nutella crepes and I want to pass it on to" then I am not writing about you. Except nobody named Mary Jane or anything else has shared a recipe for banana nutella crepes and that makes me sad because those sound good.

No comments :

Post a Comment