3.30.2018

The things they say

I've been so bad about these but Norah has started talking a ton lately and she cracks us up.

Me: I love you, Norah, goodnight.
Norah: I love...
Me: pauses before walking out the door
Norah:...mine band-aid.

Well, good to know.

~~~

Another day I hear her in her room, not napping like see was supposed to be but I couldn't get upset because she was naming all the people she loved, then all the people who loved her, then all the people in our family and the other people they loved. It was very methodical. I wuf mommy, I wuf daddy, i wuf jojo, I wuf noona. Noona loves me....all the way to Noona loves the piggies, Noona loves the puppy, Noona loves the chickens.

~~~~

So is so sneaky! But also really bad at being sneaky!

I'm cooking and she comes up to look, then takes my phone, climbes down from the stool and walks away.

Me: Norah, what are you doing.
Norah: I'm hiding so I watch your phone.

Then I watch her go into the living room, climb up into the bay window and close the curtain so she's blocked. A few seconds later I hear baby nursery rhyme songs start to play - loudly. So even if her not so subtle hiding had worked, I think the fact that "5 little monkeys was blasting through the house" might have given her away.

~~~~

She may also have found some easter candy lying around, hid in her room and come out with tootsie roll on her face and hands saying "I found candy. I sticky" When I acted duly surprised and shocked that she ate it without permission, she smiles and says "But I eat it all up now. All gone!" I guess she didn't mind telling me once it was too late to take away!

~~~~

Hiking, just me with the kids and the puppy. Half way through the walk, she found a stick and was so happy -  then it broke. I could tell both Lucy and I were holding our breathe because we knew I couldn't carry her and hold the puppy's leash so it could have been a disaster. Norah looks upset for a second, says "oh no, oh no, my stick boke" then calms down, picks up both pieces and says so joyously "I has two sticks!"

A similar situation with a broken banana did not end so happily but at least we were home so I could just let her cry it out for a bit.

~~~

Lucy asked Norah what 1+1 was and was so excited when she said 2. That may or may not have been a total coincidence, I wouldn't be surprised either way. But then Jonah started quizing her. She put up with it when it was things like "Norah, can you count to 10?" but when he advanced to "Norah, what is 2 less than 18?" and "What is two groups of 4?" she decided enough was enough. She gave him a stern look, said "I is just a baby!" and walked away. She may be the youngest child at our church, the youngest in our neighbor gang of kids that always plays together (at least until Neighbor J's actual baby is old enough to join in) and in general, just the little tag-along, but I don't need to worry about her sticking up for herself!


No comments :

Post a Comment