4.27.2009

Retreat!

I feel like I should post something, but I really don't have anything interesting to say. We were away this weekend on a couple's retreat so I didn't have time to pre-write any posts so I guess I'll talk abour our weekend. It was supposed to be a joint retreat with two homegroups except no one else from ours could go (except our home group leaders, who put it on) - so basically, it was a retreat with a bunch of couple's we didn't know. But we still had fun!

Saturday after our first marriage session, we had a barbeque out by a lake and then went sailing. I had never been on a sail boat before and it was quite a bit more unsteady than I was expecting. Our sail even dipped in the water once or twice. Our driver's told us that it was impossible to flip a sailboa, and I mostly believed them, but it didn't help that they kept saying "Oh, I don't think we are going to make it." It was later explained to us that when they said that, they meant that it wasn't going to make it without readjusting the sails. I think they should have been more explicit with their sayings.

Since there were quite a few of us on the boat, we took turns riding up on top and below deck. Below deck wasn't quite as scenic but it had another fun part - the baby. One of the couples had their little one with them and he was so adorable. And if you think you can't get cuter than a 5 month old, just try putting him in a life jacket so big that all you can see is his chubby face.

The rest of the weekend was spent learning bibley-marriage stuff, playing games, and eating. There was lots and lots of eating. It was a very relaxing weekend, until I realized that it was Sunday night and we had laundry and meal planning and grocery shopping to do. But I'm almost caught up. I love going away for the weekends, but hate coming home Sunday afternoon. It's such a dilemma. I think weekends should be three days long, anyone with me?

No comments :

Post a Comment