6.17.2009

My Bus Commute by the Numbers

In a week of bus trips, here's what I've experienced:
  • Crazy people: 2
  • Crazy people that prompted me to call police: 1
  • Women with more kids than they could handle: 3
  • Number of kids under age 6 one woman had: 5
  • Rainstorms I narrowly avoided having to walk through: 3
  • Missed buses: 0 (so far)
  • Rides offered by old male passersby: 1 (I declined)
  • Percentage of my transit costs the government will pick up: 100
  • Books completed: 1
  • Asian men with poor English skills trying to make complicated trips: 1 (I tried to help)
  • Time it would take to drive to work: 7 minutes
  • Time it takes on bus: 35 minutes

3 comments :

  1. Is walking a feasible option?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Walking ain't because it would take an hour to get there, according to Google Maps walking directions. I could bike, I suppose, if I had a bike.

    And the crazy guy just shouted obscenities and racial epithets continuously.

    ReplyDelete