5.11.2010

Finished!

I finished reading the bible last Sunday night! I took me more than 90 days to finish but only a couple more so I still count it as a big success.

Here is where I would like to go on and on about what a great achievement it was and how much dedication it took - but I can't. I'm really glad I did it but it was almost embarrassingly easy. I had tried different plans for reading the bible in a year and never made it through but this 90 day program seemed so much more doable and I really never felt overwhelmed.

And I really did learn a lot. My second concern starting this program (the first being that I would drop out of yet another reading plan) was that I would be doing it only to check off the boxes and not really getting much out of it. That was not the case at all! I feel like I have a much better handle on the big picture plan God has (well, at least what He has told us about :-) And now I'm excited to go back and study certain books and passages that caught my attention.

No comments :

Post a Comment