9.16.2010

Need sleep!

I'm exhausted. A week and a half at my parent's place, not exactly spent the way we had planned, then Lucy and I took the train back where Craig picked us up at 1pm on Friday. We drove straight to the airport to pick up his mom who came to visit for the weekend then Monday all four of us drove to the airport at an unmentionable hour in the morning (having to wake up a baby before 6am is just cruel). Grandma flew home to North Dakota while Craig, Lucy and I caught a flight to Miami!

Craig had to go there for a few days for work and so Lucy and I tagged along. When he first suggested it, I thought he was crazy. Why would I want to fly anywhere with a 3 month old baby. And Miami? During hurricane season? But I'm always a glutton for punishment so I said yes. I hadn't planned on being away from home the week before and at first I was going to cancel because I didn't want to leave my mom. But she was doing better (and still is!) so my dad insisted I go. Then I was going to cancel because I wasn't sure I was up for it. But Craig insisted. And they were right, I'm really glad we went. It was a great chance for Lucy and I to make up some of the quality time with Craig we had missed out on the week before.

Flying wasn't so bad. Lucy slept most of the way there and played happily the rest. She was slightly crankier on the return trip but just took a little more entertaining to keep happy and we were sitting across from another baby who was crying most of the way so she looked great by comparison.

I have tons of pictures to put up and even a couple of videos but right now things like sleep and laundry have to take precedence.

No comments :

Post a Comment