1.10.2012

When Daddy picks out the hat.

I had a tough time picking out Lucy's winter gear (Not that I needed to bother. We went all the way to North Dakota and we didn't even get any snow!). I was sick of pink but couldn't find much else. Finally I found a purple/blue jacket and purple snow pants, but after quite the ordeal Lucy and I finally agreed on pink snow boots. All that was left was a hat. Of course, in my perfect world, Lucy would wear an adorable hat, perhaps shaped like an animal, knitted in a nice natural color from organic wool either by myself or purchased from some great etsy vendor. But this is the real world, with its real budget and time restraints. So Craig, Lucy and I stopped off at Once Upon a Child and I let Lucy and Craig pick out the hat while I went in search of others things. This is what they came up with - 


You could probably guess this but it's not organic wool. Heck, it's not even wool. This guy is 100% polyester. And not only does it not look very natural or "waldorfian," it doesn't come close to matching her snow outfit.

But she loves it. She wants to wear it all the time. It is her hat. And it is perfect.



1 comment :