10.05.2013

Jonah gets a haircut

The thing about having a girl and then a boy is that I'm not sure what differences are birth order and what are gender (and in some cases, what's just personality). It took me forever to be willing to cut Lucy's hair. She didn't even get a trim until just a few months ago. But I trimmed Jonah's bangs last month (well, one or two hairs that went right down to his nose) and now he's gotten his first full haircut already!

Now part of it is that I'm confident enough to do it myself. I didn't want to do clippers like I normally do for Craig's hair so I read a bit about scissors cuts for boys and got to it with a little help from Daniel Tiger. Jonah did pretty well. I couldn't get him to sit still for before pictures but once I started actually cutting, he was fine.
haircit 001

haircit 002

haircit 003
I love to do the fauxhawk style but Craig doesn't so most of the time its down.
haircit 004

haircit 007

haircit 009
I think he's signing "more" here because we turned off Daniel :-)

I'm actually really happy with the way it turned out. I'm still working on getting a decent straight line on Lucy's bob. I could blame it on the fact that her hair curls in oddly in the back or the fact that she tends to move at the last second because "it tickles" and those things probably don't help, but honestly, I'm just not that good (yet?) But the best thing about cutting little people's hair is that they aren't too particular about the end result. Unlike Craig. I mean, you mess up using the ear guard one time and you never hear the end of it.

No comments :

Post a Comment