5.02.2018

And April is Over... a bit of a brain dump

And all I can say about April being over is THANK GOODNESS! Actually, that's not all I can say. But I'll try not to complain too much. Let's just say that the last few weeks of April were crazy. Some good crazy - like our first foster placement came and went. She was a sweetheart and we wished she could have stayed longer but I know she's well taken care of for now and that's what really matters. Foster care really brings a lot of emotions, even when its just short term care, and combine that with pregnancy hormones and you got a lot of emotions flying around.

Most of April was not as good as her stay - a cracked tooth, two episodes of a car dying on the road, a broken dryer, a broken tablet and a hacked debit card. But the tooth was fixed with just a filling and not a crown as I was assuming bc this particular tooth is in bad shape. Even if I need a crown soonish, waiting until I'm not uncomfortable pregnant is better. Craig was a super husband and was able to fix the dryer with an $8 part and some help from youtube (Sidenote: what did car/homeowners do before youtube. It seriously saves our butt so much!). I'm being positive so I won't mention the tablet or the car but I can say that I really love USAA for all my banking needs. It's never fun to be woken up on a Sunday morning being asked about random transactions that don't sound at all familiar but they took care of it quickly and we weren't even late to church.

And now, it's May! The craziness continues but should at least be pleasant craziness. Like American Heritage Girls family camp and the awards banquet and Lucy's first softball game on Saturday and hopefully many picnics and outdoor adventures before it gets too hot for me.

Today was the last day of our regular terms and Lucy loves exams so it feels like our break has already started. Jonah only had two more days of speech and its accompanying out the door by 8:10  requirement. We still aren't sure if he'll be going back in the fall but if he is, I'm definitely requesting we get a later time slot. We actually had a slightly later time for one of our two day each week but I was so prompt on our earlier day and the other child's family wasn't I guess so they asked if we could switch. I was a nice person sucker and said yes. But I draw the line at having to be out of the house that early with a newborn.

Speaking of the newborn, we're actually starting to prepare for a baby. Like the new car seat arrived today. My choice was made up when Target had a car seat recycling even and I was able to get a Chicco KeyFit 30 for about $120. So that's decision is done and I'm happy with it as we haven't ever owned a Infant/Bucket seat before but that is one type that I've used when I've had to borrow one from a friend so I'm familiar with it and I do like it. I'm also working on a moses basket but the liner is giving me a hard time. My attempt to "wing it" kinda flopped so now I gotta go back and actual make a pattern and use it. Ah, so much for attempting the easy way. Other than that, things are cooking along. I'm hoping to beat this anemia soon. My numbers are slooowwwlly creeping up but they are going up. And so is my progesterone! But baby is moving and kicking and in generally making me uncomfortable in that generally reassuring way. The pregnancy brain is real but since I wrote this whole post, I guess I still have a few brain cells left to focus when I need to. We'll see if they survive until August :-)

No comments :

Post a Comment