7.30.2009

Today's second post about dead people or Twilight: A short review.

I watched Twilight last night. I didn't expect to like, I didn't want to like it - I mean, Bella is kinda annoying and stupid, or maybe just annoyingly stupid, and Edward, where do you even start with him? Let's see - he's over100 years old and interested in a 17 yr old, has no personality whatsoever, calls her his own personal heroin, creeps into her room at night to watch her sleep and looks like he is about to throw up 90% of the time. But there was one line in the movie I really liked.

He introduces some lady (she has a name, I just don't remember it) to Bella saying "This is my mother, for all intents and purposes." Be still my heart, someone else on the planetwno knows that is not an expression about "intensive purposes." Or maybe some of those people know what the expression is, they just can't pronunciate, either way, that is one of my yes-I-know-this-is-ridiculously-petty-but-it-really-gets-on-my-nerves pet peeves. I might just have to cave in and read the books.

5 comments :

  1. You mean "Hang on tight, spider monkey" wasn't your absolute favorite?? Can't imagine why! I was literally forced to watch this movie (riding with friends, someone else bought my ticket, I was trapped). I didn't hate it, but didn't like it either. I would consider reading the books, because I'd probably enjoy them, but not until I have more free time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, as classic as the spider monkey line was, it still beats the "stupid lamb; sick, masochistic lion" scene.

    Having said that, I'm now reading the books...how did it suck me in?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, and the library wait list is huge so I'm going to have to buy them. I'm so annoyed at myself.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow - I've been one of those people saying it wrong all these years!!! Thanks for the enlightenment =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well Lemming, I'm glad you learned something. And it's not like I've never done anything similar:

    http://brcbanter.blogspot.com/2007/04/hopefully-im-not-only-one.html

    ReplyDelete