9.29.2009

Winning Streak

The last few weeks have gone pretty well, as far as my sports teams are concerned. Let's review:
  • Minnesota Vikings: 3-0
  • Texas A&M football: 3-0
  • Minnesota Gopher football: 3-1 (with a close-fought loss to the then-#8 team)
  • Minnesota Twins: surged back to within two games of Detroit in the AL Central (these two teams face off 4 times this week)
  • My fantasy football team: 3-0
  • Teams that I've been glad to see lose: Steelers, Oklahoma, USC
This play sums up how things have been going:


Of course, we know what sports do. These teams will, at some point this season, let me down. But I'll have fun while I can.

6 comments :

  1. what's wrong with the Steelers Craig? Huh? Huh?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah - what did the Steelers ever do to you?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, as long as you have a rational reason...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the Steelers--mostly because they're my friend Lindsay's team, and since she roots for the Aggies now, it's only fair. Also, Troy Polamalu is awesome. Do you not like them because they're really popular? That's why I don't like the Cowboys.

    We're probably going out to a bar in Madison on Monday to watch the Vikings vs. the Packers. Partly because we don't have cable, but mostly because the native Sconnies might get crazy. I don't even know what's going to go down. (This goes double for when the Vikings play at Lambeau.)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, I just noticed--this week is not only Packers-Vikings, but Minnesota-Wisconsin. Rivalry weekend!

    ReplyDelete