9.04.2009

Bad Day Smoothie

Yesterday was a very bad day. A bad day as in my first experiment didn't work, I had a really loooong meeting that pushed my experiment back and then right before I went home to eat dinner all by myself because Craig was gone on a business trip, I realized that the 3 week long experiment I had been working overtime/weekends on was totally worthless because of a ridiculously stupid error on my part.

So by 5:30, I was desperately craving a treat (and a punching bad to maim) but I managed to make it home for some real food. But after dinner, I knew I needed something sweet and unfortunately I had to go back to work at 7:30 for another hour to finish an experiment and I knew if I didn't nip it in the bud, I would be stopping for a milk shake as McDonald's is right on the way and I do not have that much self control. But I also knew I didn't really want a McDonald's milk shake because 1) almost nothing that comes from McDonald's can be considered real food and 2) I've learned that I don't really like fast food anymore. The last time I had any was about a month ago when I had to go straight from work to a bible study so I swung by Wendy's and got what I always used to get there - a junior bacon deluxe cheeseburger, a Caesar side salad and a small frosty. It was awful. I mean, it tasted the same as I remember it tasting except I didn't like it.

So I didn't want to waste my slush money on something that wasn't going to satisfy me and wasn't good for me anyway with it's corn syrup, corn syrup solids, artificial flavorings and red dye#40. So what's a girl to do? Well, she'll make herself a...

chocolate peanut butter smoothie:

1 cup of milk
1/4 c peanut butter
1 T cocoa
1-2T Honey
Frozen bananas, in chunks

Combine first 4 ingredients in blender until smooth. Add chunks of frozen bananas until consistency is thick enough for you. Normally this is enough for the two of us to share...but he wasn't around last night and I just couldn't throw out the extra now could I? :-)

Hat Tip to Keeper of the Home

No comments :

Post a Comment