9.15.2009

Verse 18!

I know I just posted a little while ago but this will be quick, relatively speaking. I have still been doing my Siesta Scripture Memory Verses, I just haven't been updating my box very well. We are up to 18! Even though a verse every two weeks doesn't sound like a whole lot, it really adds up. That is already 18 verses more than I would have memorized if I hadn't taken this small step. And while I don't have all of mine completely memorized (word perfectly with references is my "completely", in every case if I read the first word or two, I can finish it on my own.

This time, I wanted to take a verse from a parable I have claimed recently. I have it written somewhere that is currently unaccessible and I couldn't remember the reference so I just googled "parable judge nagging lady" and lo and behold, I found it! The NIV bible calls in the parable of the persistant woman but I find the line between persistance and nagging is quite thin.

The whole thing is longer than I want to memorize right now so I just picked a verses from the middle that summarizes the lesson but I wanted to post the whole thing for y'all me. My memory part is in bold.

1Then Jesus told his disciples a parable to show them that they should always pray and not give up. 2He said: "In a certain town there was a judge who neither feared God nor cared about men. 3And there was a widow in that town who kept coming to him with the plea, 'Grant me justice against my adversary.'

4"For some time he refused. But finally he said to himself, 'Even though I don't fear God or care about men, 5yet because this widow keeps bothering me, I will see that she gets justice, so that she won't eventually wear me out with her coming!' "

6And the Lord said, "Listen to what the unjust judge says. 7And will not God bring about justice for his chosen ones, who cry out to him day and night? Will he keep putting them off? 8I tell you, he will see that they get justice, and quickly. However, when the Son of Man comes, will he find faith on the earth?"

Luke 18:1-8





1 comment :

  1. If you had left off parable and just googled judge nagging lady your Dad would swear it would bring up Me!

    ReplyDelete