4.26.2011

Easter weekend - Part 1

We've had a busy couple of days. We started out our holiday weekend Thursday with some passover preparations. Lucy and I cleaned up the house and then made some matza (unleavened bread). After I had Lucy help me with the matza, I realized I chose the wrong order and we should have cleaned afterwards but she had fun so it was worth it.


 Just that morning Lucy got a package from Grandma L full of Easter goodies including some cookie cutters so after we made a sheet of boring square matza we branched out and made some tulip shaped ones. It's not very traditional but it was easier than wrestling the knife away from her she liked helping me push it down.


Even more than that though, she liked eating the dough. She is her mother's daughter after all. 


That evening we had a family seder. Here is our table half way set. I wanted it to look out of the ordinary but I didn't want to ruin a brand new tablecloth either.

I love having this be a part of our family traditions but I'm pretty sure we will have to make adjustments as the years go by. This year we tried doing a Christ centered seder script/haggadah but I think next year we will just read through that section of Exodus and discuss what the food represents. The seder is really focused on passing down the passover message to our children (both the original story of the exodus and the "new" addition of Christ's fulfillment as our permanent passover lamb) so I want it to be child friendly. Lucy didn't make it through so we just kept giving her food to eat and then she joined me on my lap for the rest of the dinner. It was a fun way to start off the weekend but the fun wasn't over yet...

No comments :

Post a Comment