2.25.2008

Checking in with the History Channel

There was a pretty good show on the History Channel on Friday night. It was called Hillbilly: The Real Story. It covered the history of our Appalachian friends, from coal miner union wars to moonshine to NASCAR to snake-handling churches. I'm sure there was much more, but I missed the first hour*. But the best part of the show? The host:

That's right! They were able to get Billy Ray Cyrus to take a few hours away from using his daughter to resurrect his career to narrate their show. What a great choice!

*I missed the first hour because I was watching the end of Forrest Gump. Now I own that movie, but when I saw it was on TV, I watched in anyway, commercials and all. Do you ever watch on TV a movie that you own?

4 comments :

  1. I watched each installment of Masterpiece's Pride and Prejudice these past three weeks even though I own them on DVD and have watched them many (MANY!) times. We don't get cable or I'm sure something like this would happen with much more frequency.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, ask MacKenzie about some true life hillbilly stories from her side of the family . . . you just can't make this stuff up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't know why everyone loves Forest Gump so much. I find it very boring. At first I thought it was because I was too young but Eric and Craig weren't around in the 60s and 70s either and they still love it. What gives?

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is pretty much along the same lines as the live TV special they did after the Titanic was raised and they opened one of the pursers safes on live TV.

    They wanted a host with "Class".

    Telly Sevalis was a totally obvious choice, right??

    ReplyDelete