2.25.2008

Stuff growing on me

No, I'm not talking about any recent bouts of fungal infections. I'm talking about things I didn't used to like but now have not only learned to tolerate but actually enjoy.

1. Scrubs. I used to hate Scrubs. I found it weird and annoying and it was even worse because everyone else found it soooo funny. But then I watched a couple episodes and I have to admit, it's funny. The mean janitor, mean Dr. Cox, mean Dr. Kelso, they are just so funnily unfriendly. Enough that I might actually watch the show's new episodes, whenever there are new episodes.

2. Pearls Before Swine. Craig has always found this comic highly amusing and I have not. But after we got married, he showed it to me every morning so that I could laugh. And after a couple weeks, I actually started to laugh. It is weird and I'm pretty sure it requires both a knowledge of the characters and a quirky sense of humor before you can get it, but once you do, it can be laugh out loud funny. Enough so that I was okay with him naming our feline friend after it.

3. People. Yep, I tend not to like people at first. Doesn't really matter who that person is, when I first meet someone, I will probably not like them. I think it is because I am shy and don't like new things, situations, etc. But almost all the time, I learn to like them. I really like most people I know so I don't know why I have such a hatred for people I don't know. At least I am aware of it, so that way I don't hold it against someone if I dislike them at first. I always give them a second chance, cause I'm nice like that. :-) It's kinda nice to meet blogger people online first because I don't dislike them that way, then if I meet them in real life I like them from the start. If only I could meet all new acquaintances this way.

So there you have it, I am learning to grow and learn to like new things, of all sorts, superficial and no so superficial.

1 comment :

  1. I love meeting bloggity people and I agree it takes off a lot of the pressure.

    And? I am totally planning on posting about Pearls before Swine this week.

    It must be done. "The crate o' sadness" about KILLED ME.

    HEE!

    ReplyDelete