5.26.2008

Movie Theatre Madness

We went and saw Prince Caspian on Saturday. I was a bit worried that it wouldn't be good since it didn't do as well as the Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe, in terms of ticket sales, but I would recommend it. I didn't know the story as well but remembered it more as the movie progressed, which made it more interesting.

The only part I didn't like was the kissing between Susan and Prince Caspian - where did that come from? But I love Lucy in this one, the way she knows the truth the whole time but still had to learn a lesson about letting others stop you. It was violent but amusingly non-bloody. It's still not for little kids although we saw a good number of the under 10 population segment there, as well as some crying babies but that is another rant altogether.

This post is a rant about the movie theater bathrooms. We went to the new theater in town, it was just completed a few months ago. The movie theater has 6 screens, three on one side of the concessions, three on the other. Each side also has a bathroom. As in one - the right has has a men's, the left side has a women's. Which means that if you are a woman and see a movie on screen 4, 5, or 6, you're out of luck. I don't know what the designers were thinking.

Since we don't go to the movies that often, Craig and I splurged on an extra large Dr. Pepper, complete with refills. So obviously, half way through the movie, I had to make my way to the ladies room. Which meant, walking out of that hallway, around the concession stand, wait to show my ticket stub to the bored looking teenager who then tells me that my movie is on the other side. After explaining I know that but still need to go to the bathroom, he lets me through. Then afterwards, I have to again leave that hall, walk around the concession stand, show my ticket to the other bored looking teenager, then try to catch up on what happened in the last 10 minutes of the movie. LAME!

4 comments :

  1. You wouldn't think of PC as a guy movie, but there's lots of war in it, so I suggest all you men out there check it out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both of my kids loved it, and they are both under 10. I believe it totally depends on the kid if they should see movies. Plus we are reading the book. They would have KILLED me if I didn't let them see it. I loved the movie.

    I should also mention that my kids loved Indiana Jones... Yeah. They were counting down the days until it was released. When we were in Florida we went Hollywood Studios and saw how they film stunts in Indian Jones. After that they were hooked.

    Maybe I am a bad mom. I do know if you ask my kids they say I am a great mom.

    ReplyDelete
  3. At Stadium 6, if you're in Auditorium #4, there are exits on both the men's and women's side. Also, if you are in theater 5 or 6 and need to go to the women's potty, you can cut through theater 4 and avoid the teenager ticket taker red tape.

    The more you know.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh, thanks for the tip! I suppose that would also work if you want to see a second movie on the other side without paying for it. Not that I would do that.

    ReplyDelete