2.10.2009

24, Season 7: 3-4 PM

In general, people seem to be not too happy with this season (e.g. the folks at The 24 Blog). This article states that 24 has "jumped the shark." I think that phrase has "jumped the shark." It's not really appropriate here, either, because JTS involves a one-time, stupid event. 24 detractors instead believe it has slowly declined over the past 3 or so seasons.

I will concede that one can only go so far with the 24 premise, and it may have played itself out. However, I am still enjoying it. I'm not one to critically compare this season to previous ones, or demand Shakespearean dialogue, or anything like that.

Anyway, on to my comments.

I find it funny how the show is slowly dribbling out little hints about the mutual past of Agents Moss and Walker. Last week Moss made some statement about having a long history with her or something, and this week she said she "knows Moss very well." I want to know what the deal is here.

I also found it funny when she called him and said, "Don't tell anyone I'm alive." He then proceeded to say "Renee" several times while standing in a somewhat busy hallway. Way to be discreet, there.

It just struck me today that the Sangala PM might be a bad guy. I'm not sure where this badness would manifest itself. Maybe he'll just become a dictator when he returns to power, making everything a waste of time. I'm just not sure of him.

Janice to Sean, to paraphrase: "Stop the affair or you'll get sent off to Juneau." What's wrong with Juneau?

Ooh, the bad guy has an 11-month old. I thought there might be some baby torture. That would have been a new 24 occurrence. But I doubt even this show would go there. Instead, Walker just pretended, with her back to the camera.

Because Obama's press conference lasted until about 9:01, my VCR stopped taping (if you have no idea what that means, go here) before the previews for the next episode, so I don't know what will happen next week. Maybe that's a good thing, though.

No comments :

Post a Comment