8.28.2009

Hey Mikey, he likes it! (Well, kinda)

Well, my summer has official come to a close. Last weekend Craig and I had a bit of a planning session to kick off the fall and his classes Monday so the crazy business of fall will begin again right about...now.

I think I did pretty well on my to do list. I didn't get my second set of jam canned, nor any tomatoes but apparently it was too hot for tomatoes this year. All the ladies at work were complaining about the weather ruining their gardens and even the tomatoes at the farmer's market were all cracked. They tasted good enough for a blt but not nice enough to can. Oh well.

I did get my homebinder started if you define started as "made a pretty cover and a list of the things I want to include" but not if you think that means I have to actually have put something in there. I'm started with the latter definition but am not perfectly content with the former.

And I didn't get anything knitted on the sweater because I made the decision to finish my square blanket first. I got three more squares done which means I'm down to one last square. That may not sound like a lot but I'm so sick of squares! I just can't start a new project until I finish this one though, I know I'll never go back if I don't.

At that leaves cleaning the entry. That is really only one little task but it simply must be done. I'll tackle it this weekend and if I'm not to lazy, I'll take a picture to show you exactly why I had to do it.

I also got some stuff done that wasn't on my list. I've perfected my water kefir routine so now it takes practically no time at all. I also added a few new healthy snack/treat recipes to my routine recipes which was an area I feel like I was lacking in before.

Until now, Craig hasn't really had a chance to try my newest creations but I'm happy to report that he approves of water kefir. He thinks it smells yucky (As do others - this is complete news to me but it's not surprising as it is well known that I have a poor sense of smell). Despite the smell he does think it tastes good and if offered the choice of water or water kefir with dinner, he takes kefir. I call that a sucess.

He is not, however, a fan of bean brownies.* Of course he didn't tell me this until after he had eaten two, approved them for public consumption and we had served them to the friends we had over for a game night. Apparently he decided on his third taste that he didn't like them. I wish he had decided that earlier but all's well that ends well because I get to eat all the leftovers!

On the bright side, he describes my hummus as "edible". That's pretty good for someone who doesn't like hummus. I think we are really making progress on healthy eating for husbands 101. Yah for me!

I'm thinking about replacing my summer to do list with a fall one but haven't decided for sure. Craig probably hopes not, but I think it will happen.

* I update my bean brownie recipe as I just recently noticed I had inadvertantly left out the eggs when I posted it before. I'm really sorry if you tried to make it and it tasted gross but you didn't tell me cause you didn't want to hurt my feelings. You can try again and you might still think it tastes gross but lots of people like the original so obviously I'm not a total freak for liking them. I think it is all about expections. If you are expecting a ghiradelli brownie, you will be disappointed. If you are expecting a chocolately treat to get you through a craving for dessert without leaving you feeling sick from excessive amounts of sugar/white flour, you will like it.

2 comments :

  1. Hey,

    What's your hummus recipe? Did I miss that on a last post?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Steph - Stay tuned, I am posting it tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete