8.11.2009

Summer Update

I'm doing pretty well on my summer to-do list, which is good as I've only got a few weeks left. The one thing I'm behind on is my knitting and crocheting. I just couldn't do any for the first part of the summer as the eczema on my hand was too bad. But it cleared up a bit while I was on vacation and I was able to get all my washcloths done. I did three different patterns, figuring I would make more of whichever I liked most, or move on to other patterns if I didn't like any of them.
From left to right, these are the patterns I followed, ( L, M, R. I am pretty excited about the middle one, it has these cool little scrubby rows). The pattern included front post crocheting in it which I had never done and didn't quite have a handle on at first so the bottom is weird but it's only dishcloths so I'll try to let it go (okay, I'm trying to let it go at least). The other two are pretty standard. I'm hoping the rights one's airiness really will help prevent the dreaded kitchen cloth stink but only time will tell.

I also finally got my living room walls redecorated. I was tired of the old canvas I had painted, so I got two more and some fabric (it took me a month because I went weekly using a Hobby Lobby 40% off coupon each time, but I saved ~$23 that way). Once I had everything, it was super easy and I like the color it added. I didn't take a before photo because my camera battery was dead and I didn't want to wait, but here is the after.
Plus, it perfectly matches my brand new slipcover. It's red and super cheerful. I was so tired of those silly stripes so I love it but I'm a little worried about Craig's reaction. He isn't a big fan of slipcovers. I hope he likes it!

My summer is coming to a close pretty soon (in a scheduling type of way, not a temperature type of way, I still have months of heat left to deal with) and I'm glad. I'm tired of being so productive. I'm ready to start spending my weekends just lounging around with Craig.

3 comments :

  1. Looks retro, almost "groovy" from the 60s but in a updated way!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought the slipcover was tan.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You said tan was boring so I got red instead.

    ReplyDelete