10.14.2009

Happy Birthday Craig!

Dear Craig,

You know that I have a really bad cold right now (and yes, I will continue to call it a bad cold and not the flu because that is the type of eternal optimist I am) so instead of coming home tonight to any fun birthday celebrations, you will come to a house filled with cough drop wrapper, popsicle sticks, and saltine crumbs and a wife that smells a lot like Vicks Vaporub.

But if what you always say is true and "It's the thought that counts" then you should know that I had thought you up a great birthday, with a nice homemade meal complete with a new chocolate cake recipe I was just sure you would love and some great presents. And even though I will not be able to actually put any of that together, you should know that I really wanted to because another year of your life is something to celebrate. And I'm so excited about getting to spend the next year by your side, I know it is going to be filled with lots more good memories. Just maybe not this first day or two, apparently that is going to be filled with lots of phlegm. But once we get past that, it's going to be good. I love you!

2 comments :

  1. Happy Birthday, Craig! Like I said in my e-mail to you, where did the time go? I still remember the day as if it were yesterday. You have been a wonderful son, and we couldn't be more proud of you.
    So sorry to read that you are sick, MacKenzie. Hope you are feeling better real soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy birthday, Craig. Hope you're enjoying your day despite your sickly wife. Here's to hoping your next birthday is better!

    ReplyDelete