10.06.2009

Take the Olympics, Please

I love the Olympics as much as anyone, but I'm glad they weren't awarded for several reasons. Like Coyote Blog, I don't want my tax money to go to help Chicago build new facilities. Better to make Brazilian taxpayers foot the bill. Also, Chicago is known for corruption, and you know the city's politicians and their cronies would have been skimming off the top left and right. I'd rather see corrupt Brazilians profit improperly from the Olympics.

On a related note, I ask this question after a number of events, but NBC Chicago wants to know who will take down all those "Chicago 2016" signs.

Power Line, however, says I shouldn't be pleased that Chicago lost.

2 comments :

  1. yeah, I'm pretty happy that we won't go further into debt to inflate some architect's already giant ego, to build kind of cool buildings that will become irrelevent as soon as the closing ceremonies are over. That and it made obama mad...but that's not a very mature reason.

    ReplyDelete