1.29.2010

A few little changes...

We updated a few little things on our blog today that you might not have noticed. One was the "About Us" box which now shows our new statuses in life, including mine as a housewife/homemaker! I first wrote that down last week on our lease application and honestly, it felt weird, but not bad. It's a big life change that I'm still pondering but once I get it all sorted out in my mind, I'm sure I'll be talking about it more.

The other change was in our little baby ticker. Since you aren't as obsessed with Nigel as I am, you probably didn't notice that the baby has un-aged. When we met with our new midwife, we talked about the due date that I had been given by my doctor before. I wasn't happy with it since I charted and had better information. Unlike the doctor, she listened to me and took my date as the more accurate, and later, one. Then when she measured me, I came in right at where the later date would have put me so it was a nice confirmation that I was right and the doctor was wrong. Take that, doc!

Now, it probably won't be a big deal, as I'm of the opinion that babies tend to come when they are ready, which is really a huge span of time. If anywhere from 38-42 weeks is normal, why do we insist on giving a baby a due date and not a due month? But it was important to me and as annoying as it is to go back it time right now, I have a feeling that it will be a lot less mentally frustrating to go back now than if I get to 41 weeks and feel like I will have to kill someone if this baby doesn't come out right now. Plus, it lessens my chances of being induced if Nigel does turn out to want the whole 42 weeks. So while I was at 23 weeks, I' m now at 22. Which doesn't mean anything to you unless you happened to look at the ticker last week and again today and got confused, which I do realize is highly unlikely but I wanted to make sure :-)

2 comments :

  1. I think you're absolutely right to go with the adjusted date. It will be much less frustrating in the end.

    I'm so ready for baby Nigel!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The world can always use another June Cleaver!

    ReplyDelete