2.11.2010

Ramblings of a hormonal woman.

The last week and a half have been a bit weird. After all the traveling then preparing to move then actually moving, I was very ready to settled down into a routine when Craig went back to work. I even starting organizing my home journal and included a schedule. Craig and I got to laughing when I read it aloud because it sorta resembled a kindergarten schedule with it's inclusion of things like snack and nap but really, if I want to get 100g of protein in, I need to schedule snacks. But it also included a cleaning schedule and my Bradley exercise reminders and an intense new Bible reading plan so it really would have me being productive. I had it all ready to go, when he started his job I was ready to going on top of things - but God had other plans.

Craig's schedule has been kinda crazy due to weather issues, he's been working weekends and afternoon/night shifts that keep getting moved around. It should be over soon but for now it's definitely keeping us on our toes.

I knew it wasn't always going to be an easy transition from working to staying at home, especially since I am used to lots of verbal (and financial) encouragement and praise but sometimes I feel really guilty when Craig finally comes home, after midnight, and ask me what I've been up to and all I can think of it "well, uhm, I vacuumed." I know I did other stuff, I just can't remember it at 1am and then I feel bad. I know right now that my flexibility is needed right now, especially because Craig isn't able to be, but somehow it seems wrong. I guess when I thought about staying home and being a helper to Craig, I thought I would be helping him my way. If the only free time he has is 9-11am and he wants me to lay around in my pajamas with him and catch up on Psych, then that is what I should do, even if it makes me feel lazy and my schedule says I should be cleaning or organizing something. But somehow telling my husband that he needs to leave me alone so I can be a useful and helpful wife doesn't seem to make a whole lot of sense. I guess I just feel pressured to be proving I'm really working although I'm not sure who I trying to prove this too.

I should have learned by now not to push myself to much. That first Monday I was uber-productive. And then Tuesday was spent dealing with a reoccurance of morning sickness. The worst thing (besides the fact that vomiting has been a routine part of my life for over 5 months now! Not that I'm bitter about that or anything :-) is that my bad morning sickness days are also my about-to-start-sobbing-at-any-moment-with-no-reasonable-explanation-days. A fact I find unfortunate but not very coincidental.

I'm at this point in the post and can't seem to remember exactly what my point was. I don't have a nice wrap up that states the great take home lesson, other than it's been a bad morning sickness day and Craig won't be home till really late and I wouldn't want to vent to him anyway since then I would feel guilty for whining. But now I have the whining out of my system and I feel better so I think I'll go vacuum.

3 comments :

  1. At least soon, you'll have a baby to be watching over/taking care of. You'll soon have PLENTY to do that is very meaningful and you'll also have your chance to stay awake until the wee hours of the morning...if that makes you feel any better...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Somedays I'm so tired and yet I feel like I got nothing done... I look over my list and nothing is crossed off :( But, I'm exhausted and I feel like I just ran five miles or something. I guess growing a baby is hard work. I'm not throwing up, but I'm glad this will end eventually.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Here's my advice: don't waste any time feeling guilty about . . . well, anything. You are a growing a person, and that's enough of an accomplishment every day.

    I know you need to nest and study, also, but the great thing about being a SAHM is that you don't have to keep to a pre-arranged schedule. Making schedules is pretty fun, but once you have an external baby, you're going to be improvising and going with the flow a lot, so it's good that you're getting practice now.

    ReplyDelete