2.03.2010

Baby Shower

I finally get to talk about the wonderful shower my Bible study friends threw for me! (I didn't want to mention until we announced the move since I figured most of you would wonder why they held it so early.)

They knew we would probably be moving but weren't sure when so right before Christmas we were supposed to have our last women's night of the semester but instead had a little party! I think this pictures shows clearly that I was thoroughly surprised...
but it doesn't show that right before this I jumped about 6 inches off the ground. Craig knew but was very good about keeping the secret although I do wish he had encouraged me to wear something cuter and fix my hair!

It was the perfect party for me, especially at the still-not-feeling-so-great time as it was nice and casual. We ate some good food, including delicious cake balls made by Amanda.
Then we sat around and talked about everything from our opinions on the end times to farting...oh yes we did! If our husband only knew the conversations we have had at women's times, they would want to start bugging them (for both blackmail and entertainment purposes).

Then we had to open presents of course :-)

I got my first cloth diaper!
And a pouch. Here a friend lent me her baby so we could practice. I still wasn't quite confident if would hold her up (and from the picture, neither was she) but it did!
Then all the girls laid hands on me and prayed for our new baby, our family and our marriage.
I'm gonna miss these girls a lot, but it was wonderful to spend the night rejoicing and relaxing with them.

2 comments :

  1. Yah! Fun times! I love Baby S... I've barrrowed her many times for pouch/wrap experiments.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look so cute in all those pictures! Hooray for good friends, good times and especially for new babies. :)

    ReplyDelete