6.14.2010

Prayer Request

Things with Lucy are still going well and I wish I could say my life in general is too, but the truth is, it's not.

My parents and little brother came to town last weekend with the plan that my mom was going to stay here with me this week and help out. But over the weekend her hand and face starting going numb. A trip to the local ER showed that it wasn't a stroke but something showed up on the CAT scan they did. She cut her trip short to go home and have more tests done and it turns out she has an brain tumor. Right now we are still waiting to get more results but her symptoms are getting worse and they are saying it is not operable. The next few days should bring a biopsy, its results and hopefully a plan for chemo/radiation but that is about all I know.

Right now I think my whole family is a bit shell shocked since this is all happening so fast. I feel like I've experienced almost every emotion possible these last few days and I don't really know what to think or feel. But the one thing we do know is that God is in control. He knows her situation when we do not and He loves her more than we do, even though I'm not sure my family knows how that is possible because we love her a lot!

Today is her biopsy which is also brain surgery so we will be praying that it goes smoothly and her recovery goes well. We would love it if you would be praying, too.

4 comments :

  1. So sorry to hear this. Praying for you all! I'm not posting these verses to preach at you or anything like that, but I am praying that they will be true for you and that you will feel His strength and refuge during this time.

    The Lord is my strength and my shield; my heart trusts in him and I am helped...Psalm 28:7

    God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble. Therefore will we not fear, though the earth be removed...Psalm 46:1-2

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm lifting your mom up in prayer right now..also praying for you who is dealing with the pain of seeing a loved one suffer.

    I'm very sorry for this struggle, and God is good all the time. He knows your mom's pain and worry, and yours.

    God Bless, and keep us posted when you feel like it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mackenzie, Lucy, and Craig,
    We are praying, and hard. Chris loves you all so much, and I know how much you all love her.
    Lori

    ReplyDelete