3.22.2011

If only it worked that way.

This past week has been a week of finishing up projects. Finishing up happens to be one of my favorite parts of a project. I also like starting projects. It's only that pesky little middle part of actually working on projects that can be tiresome. But this was a simply little project so the middle wasn't too bad.

It started when I kept seeing subway/bus rolls pop up everywhere. And by "everywhere, " of course I mean design blogs. And if this was a design blog, I would probably be ashamed to be talking about this because the bus roll is "so over" and has become the new Keep Calm and Carry On Poster. But I really like them and luckily for me, I don't have a design blog and can get away with this trend because the majority of people who will enter my home don't read design blogs and are not aware that using them is passe.

And then I saw this bedtime one and I knew exactly what I wanted to do. At $25, the price really wasn't bad but I still would need to buy a frame and I decided the black background was going to be a little too harsh for her room. So I made one myself!


I went with a pale greyish pink. Lucy's room is still very gender neutral so it was a nice way to add in a pop of girlishness. The frame I got for free from a MOPS home item exchange a couple months ago. I thought about having it printed on a canvas but I would have had to use a more standard size and really liked the long and skinny look. Since it is an odd size, I had it printed as a 16x20 and just cropped it to fit. My only cost was the printing which was ~$15 since I ordered other items at the same time and got free shipping. Not bad for a custom piece of art.


So now you know what we are doing at approximately 7pm every evening. Except for that last step, which apparently Lucy thinks is optional.

1 comment :