3.07.2011

This, that and trouble

Oh, it feels like a Monday, doesn't it? Mondays always seem worse when they follow nice weekends. We didn't have much going on. Craig helped some friends of ours move into their new home on Saturday but the rest of the weekend was free. We did a little antique shopping and errand running but mostly we worked on a few odds and ends at the house.

There is a bit of a fire under our feet since I volunteered our house for my next women's book club meeting. I now have one week to get things looking ship shape, not that they would care but I would. Hospitality it is a great motivator; pictures are getting hung up, curtains are finally getting hemmed, and hopefully by the end of the week, the box spring that has been in our dining room for almost a month will be gone. (It was supposed to go into the basement but it won't fit down the stairs so we have had to come up with a plan b).

Lucy has been busy too. She not only learned to wave but I came into the living room yesterday to find this:

She can't walk, can barely crawl but boy can she climb. I think I'm in trouble.


2 comments :

  1. Oh my that little girl is just so darned cute! Look at her using her pudgy legs to get right up!

    Yes, Monday's are so much more difficult when the weekends are nice..I can really relate this time of the year, as my husband works very long hours (CPA with his own practice) and so the weekends are so short and sweet.

    Waiting for Spring to arrive is so antsy around here..both for the weather, and for daddy to be home more!

    God Bless you and that beautiful little girl of yours. Have a great day..albeit a Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. we had a little girl who was 10 months and a little behind developmentally, but at around 12 months or so, started climbing before she learned to walk. i had no idea she was plotting it, but i walked into the living room one day and saw her sitting on the couch reading a book! it was hi.lar.ious.

    ReplyDelete