1.18.2012

Countertop Choices

As a boy, I would listen to Minnesota Twins baseball games on the radio. One of the advertisers on the games was Cambria, manufacturer of quartz countertops. For some reason, these ads made an impression on me, even though I was not in any way in the market for countertops, since I was a kid and had no need for them.

Fast forward to 15 or so years later, I was in the market for countertops, and sure enough, Cambria came to mind (talk about a delayed payoff on Cambria's investment in advertising). But I'm glad it did come to mind. Quartz has a number of advantages as a counter surface:
  • Stronger than granite
  • Nonporous, so it doesn't need to be sealed and doesn't harbor bacteria
  • Won't scratch or stain
  • Cambria  is mined and manufactured in the US
  • Kosher-certified (if that's your thing)
  • Wide variety of colors (we chose Sharpham)
  • Easy to clean
Here's a shot of our counter:


UPDATE: Free gift! A cheeseboard.


1 comment :

  1. It is all looking great! I love those countertops. Any closer on the backsplash choice?

    The previous owners of our house redid the kitchen with large granite tiles on the countertops (with grout lines, bacteria a-harboring, coffee stains on the grout, indentations on cookie dough when it is rolled out, etc.).

    ReplyDelete