1.03.2012

Toddler Tuesdays: Not all Montessori


It's not big secret that I have an affinity for Montessori and Montessori style activities. But there is another side of me that loves the less structured concepts of some other schools of thought when it comes to young children and education, like Charlotte Mason and Waldorf. So to prove I'm not all sensory bins and tray work, here are some pictures from a few weeks ago when I presented her with a new "toy."

My mom had lots of clothes, including many scarves and hats, shoes and purses. I took some, picked out a few for my grandmother and made sure my aunts had their chance but there were still lots left. We donated a lot of her clothing but I also wanted something for Lucy. So I took my mom's scarf basket (yes, she has a big basket just for her scarves, she was know for always wearing scarves) and put in a few of the ones I remember her wearing, a hat or two plus a fun pair of red heels and a couple of her smaller purses.





She already loved her play silks so I knew the scarves would be a hit but she really liked the heels too. They gave her a bit of trouble at the beginning, but pretty soon she was even walking the line with them. 



Even with that little tuckage issue, I'd venture to say that tightie whities have never been so fashionable before.




2 comments :

  1. What a wonderful thing! Impressive walking skills in those heels, too.

    And very, VERY fashionable tightie whities, yes. Ha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun! What a sweetheart your Lucy is!

    God Bless you!

    ReplyDelete