2.11.2016

It's a Family Tradition

We love museums in our family. And luckily for us, Albuquerque has some pretty great ones for kids. This trip was especially fun for me because I remember visiting several of these same spots when I was a kid and teen. As an army brat, I don't get to do the "take the kids to the same places I saw growing up" thing very often so I really appreciated it. Although several things seemed much smaller this time around :-)

Explora

IMG_8635

IMG_8638

IMG_8641

Both Uncle Rick's came with us which meant we couldn't possible skip the engineering themed exhibits!
IMG_8657

Uncle Rick impressing his niece and nephew by braving the second story bicycle.

IMG_8664

IMG_8669

Flying the plane actually took a lot of concentration but Lucy was able to get it up a couple times.

IMG_8674

Natural Science and History



Or, as the kids call it, the dinosaur museum! This one was pretty much exactly as I remember it. But still loads of fun for the fossil lovers. 



 Norah Jane was underwhelmed, or maybe just undernapped. 




I didn't get any pictures of us in the volcano section, which was "really scary" but I loved how proud they were once they passed it. Afterwards, Jonah said that was his favorite part. Lucy's was the eggshells found by a 3 year old. She really wanted to go hiking in the desert because "you never know mom, I could find something!" We did end up taking her see the Petroglyphs but alas, she did not find any fossils. Maybe next time. 

No comments :

Post a Comment