9.23.2017

5 years old!

Dear Jonah,

You're five now! A whole hand. This year has been rough on you in some ways but you've also grown so much. Not only are you bigger (finally into size 4T!) but you've gained a lot of self control and I've seen you start to master your will. You're starting to become independent with things like morning chores and helping around the house.


Not staged. You really were climbing up those rocks but paused to tell me I could take your picture if I wanted to. 

You've grown much more outgoing this past year. You've struck up a friendship with an older man at church and you love to find rocks to bring him and I've been told have even started answering questions in Children's church! You love to help out Norah and are such a good big brother. If she needs help, I'll see you put your hand on her back and say "Come on, baby girl, I'll help you" and I just melt. You're still working on some of your little brother skills but despite your quarrels, you and Lucy are best friends. 



Norah loves her Belle dress so you want to be The Beast with her for Halloween and so you can dance with her. 

You love to write and draw and your pictures are really getting good. You love school time, both table time as a family and math and reading with just me. You're doing great with your Bob books and you absolutely love math. You love Legos and "making machines." Speech at the school down the road is one of your favorite times and both your teacher and I can tell how hard you work and how much progress you've made since this spring. You love Superheros and Knights and all sorts of brave strong men. 



You love St. George and the Dragon so were excited to see another book about knights!

You're very loud. And busy. And a great mess maker. And either very fast or very slow. I can't count the number of times I say "Jonah, inside voice" or "Let's think for a second. Is that a good idea?" (Answer: No. If I ask that question. I'm pretty sure the answer is NO!) or "If it isn't clean yet then you need to keep cleaning." But our house would be very different with you in it and I don't even want to imagine it. You made me a boy mama and it's good for the soul. This age is so great. You're a big kid that I can have great conversations with but you still like to climb into bed with me in the morning and snuggle. Best of both worlds!



So I think you're pretty great. Now let's hear what YOU think about yourself. 


My favorite pirate!


What is your favorite color? Black and Grey

What is your favorite toy? Remote Control (Truck)

What is your favorite game? Chess

What is your favorite song? Nothing But the Blood of Jesus

What is your favorite animal? Lion and Dog

What is your favorite book? That's hard. The Book with No Pictures

What do you like to snuggle with at night? Lion

What is your favorite movie? Moana

What is your favorite thing to eat? Spaghetti

Where is your favorite place to go? Shaw Nature Center

What is your favorite outfit? One of my batman shirts. 

What do you like to learn about? Reading

What have you learned in the last year? Math and how to read


What is hard for you? Climb a tree and put on lego people onto the machines I make. 

What is your favorite thing to do as a family? Watch a movie

What do you like about Mommy? That you teach me stuff you 

What do you like about Daddy? That he watches over us sometimes. 

What do you like about Lucy?  She's my sister. And that she plays games with me, like pretending kinda stuff. 

What do you like about Norah? That's she's so silly. 

What do you like about yourself? That I'm in Kindergarten

What do you want to be when you grow up? Be a farmer. 


No comments :

Post a Comment