12.28.2019

Classics Challenge 2019

Another Classics Challenge completed! (sorta)


I've finished 11 of my 12 catagories. I actually did more of the ones I originally picked this year that I typically do which is kinda neat. I still have Huck Finn to finish and I'm only at about 50% so I'm putting this up now and if I don't finish, I don't finish. We are still thick in Christmas celebrations here (it's only the 4th day of Christmas, more presents to open and more treats to make/bake!) but I will be trying. (Update - I finished! And almost half a day to spare)

1. 19th Century Classic  -  That Lass O'Lowries

2. 20th Century Classic -  40 Acres and No Mule

3. Classic by a Woman Author  In This House of Brede

4. Classic in Translation.  Dante's Inferno

5. Classic Comic Novel. Mike

6. Classic Tragic Novel. The Great Gatsby

7. Very Long Classic. The History of Tom Jones

8. Classic Novella. The Death of Ivan Ilyich

9. Classic From the Americas (includes the Caribbean). Robinson Crusoe. 

10. Classic From Africa, Asia, or Oceania (includes Australia).  


11. Classic From a Place You've Lived. The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn 

12. Classic Play. Much Ado About Nothing

Of all my reads for this challenge, I think my favorite was In This House of Brede but followed pretty closely by 40 Acres and No Mule. The one I'm most proud of completing is Dante's Inferno and the one I could live my life without ever reading again is Tom Jones. Since my review I've read some other opinions about the lessons it teaches so I won't judge if you like it or assign it to high schoolers or anything but I won't ever be picking it again!

And that's my challenge. I've really enjoyed doing this challenge with Karen and her Books and Chocolate blog for the past few years and I've seen a few others recently but I haven't decided if I'm doing any next year. Maybe I'll just see where the books lead. Or maybe not, my type A personality is already a little freaked out about not having a list for this next year :-) 









And if you need to get ahold of me Karen, try naethingm@gmail.com

No comments :

Post a Comment