12.31.2019

Out with the old year, in with the new...country?

So I've hinted here and there that next year is going to be a bit crazy. Every year here is a bit crazy but normally I don't know what craziness to expect until it happens; this year, I know in advance! We're moving! To England! Yay!!!

And yes, all those exclammation points are needed becasue this is a dream come true. England, the land of our honeymoon. The land of my beloved Jane Austen...and Charlotte Bronte....and Charlotte Mason. Okay, I'll stop now. But rest assured, I could go on.

But that's not until late spring. Right now, it's prep time. And prep time is crazy time. Because I've got a whole houseful of kids and animals and stuff that has to be dealt with in one way or another (spoilers - the kids get to come... and so does the dog and much of the stuff because we'll be there at least 3 years. But not the guinea pigs are hopefully not a lot of our crap. I tend toward minimalism but with 4 kids, the stuff still accumlates fast)

I've given myself the holidays to enjoy holiday stuff but that's just a a few more days. Then the kids get back to work on their second term of school with hopes of finishing it on time (10 weeks or less!), I start decluttering like a crazy women and ordering everything we need for next year school (I want it all here and organized before we go so I'm not worrying about it later) and Craig starts chasing me around with paperwork he wants done and we both start working on our massive (and growing) checklist of things to be done here to the house before we go. But in the end I'll end up living the dream so bring it on!

1 comment :

  1. I've been so excited to hear more about this adventure ever since we got your Christmas card! Can't wait to live vicariously through you. ;)

    ReplyDelete