8.10.2021

Happy Birthday Jude (or thank goodness he's no longer 2!)



What is your favorite color? Green

What is your favorite toy? Cars and trucks. Decker Bus and mine taxi. 

What is your favorite game? Zingo

What is your favorite song? Cocomelon!

What is your favorite animal? Goat. 

What is your favorite book? Froggy (and the winter carnival)

What do you like to snuggle with at night? Pointed to Yoto Player. "Then me. When I asked my name he said: "Pretendzie" We asked him again later to get a more reasonable answer and he answered "Monkey" which is his stuffed animal. 

What is your favorite movie? Cocomelon

What is your favorite thing to eat? Nothingburger.  Ice cream - cocomelon ice cream. 

Where is your favorite place to go? Outside.

What is your favorite outfit? Mickey Mouse Pajamas

What do you like to learn about? Buckets.

What have you learned in the last year? Going to church. 

What is hard for you? Drawing

What is your favorite thing to do as a family? Nothingburger. Hiking. 

What do you like about Mommy? She helps me

What do you like about Daddy? He helps me. 

What do you like about Lucy? Her helps me

What do you like about Norah? Her helps me

What do you like about Jonah? He helps me. ...hmm, I'm noticing a theme here ;-)

What do you like about yourself? Nothing. 

What do you want to be when you grow up? A fireman. A policeman. 




Oh goodness, Jude. You're hilarious and fun and often times ornery and contrary. You are stubborn like a mule. It's taken me almost a week just to post this because you wouldn't answer the birthday questions. You also took some convincing to let us measure your height. Your laugh is one of my favorite things to hear, maybe because you are serious so much of the time that it feels like a treat. When you are happy, everyone knows! And when you aren't happy, everyone knows!


Very impressed by the fire eater show. 


And the joys of bows and photo props and birthday parties. 


Not impressed by fields of lavender and wild flowers. 




You want to be a big kid so badly. You aren't old enough for real Tae Kwon Do like your siblings but nobody can convince you of that, you do the moves from the edge of the room while watching. 

You love to snuggle, love peanut butter and jelly sandwiches, love cars and trucks and anything that moves, you love to steal things from your siblings, love to say "mine", love to be read to and love to play in water (but not take baths). You like to tell me "It's okay"...even when its not. You also like to tell me to "be PATIENT" and you are normally right about that but its not always the easiest to here at the time. 

You love your dad and run to find me when he comes home everyday yelling "My daddy is home!" and when you wake up and ask if he's at work and I say yes, you just deflate. You were blessed to have him home much more than the bigger three thanks to Covid and I'm glad but its a bit heartbreaking to see you miss him every day. 

You love church nursery and our the first of my kids to run and play there without a look back. You are so excited to start preschool this fall and when we walk by the school, always ask "is it time I go yet?" and get so disappointed when we say "not yet." I'm not quite a ready for this big step but its only 2 mornings a week so I should be able to survive. Speaking of survival, I've not always been sure I would survive your second year but we made it! Let's see if three is any easier! But even if it isn't, I wouldn't trade you for the world!


Loved the horse ride...not so much the bridge viewing in the same town. 





No comments :

Post a Comment