8.05.2021

My Cousin Rachel

Rebecca is Daphne du Maurier's most popular book. I really enjoyed it a few years back and meant to read more by her but got distracted. At least until Craig and I watched the Netflix adaptation. And as luck would have it, my favorite local bookstore had several du Maurier options for me to pick from so I went with My Cousin Rachel. 

Now, it's not classic literature - but it is fun. Daphne du Maurier can set a scene well, especially if its got a creepy slightly foggy setting. If you want a mysterious gothic page turner that has you trying to figure out what to think, this is it. Unless you really dislike open endings, then I'd skip this one. I think the ending fit the story pretty well - and I definitely have my opinion about what really happened! I do still think I prefer Rebecca to this so if you haven't read that, I'd start there but I won't hesitate to pick up any other Daphne du Maurier books I stumble upon in a used bookstore. 

My Cousin Rachel is Classic by a Women selection in the Back to the Classics Challenge. 


No comments :

Post a Comment