1.29.2008

Floral Fabric - ick.

I'm feeling very lazy about blogging right now. That normally happens when I have nothing to say but I have 4 posts I want to write...I just don't feel like writing them. But Craig has posted twice since my last post plus the end of January is quickly approaching and I really want to get back into the 40 ppm (ppm = post per month for those who don't know my made up acronyms) so write I must. Side note on acronyms: did you know that technically it is correct to call them alphabetisms or initialisms, heavens knows why you would do that though, you would just sound stupid.

One thing I am not feeling lazy about is sewing. A friend and I spent Saturday night hanging out at Joann's while our husbands were at their men's book study. We looked at patterns and fabric and got all excited but now I am sad. I just don't have the skills yet to make any of the cute patterns I saw. It is becoming increasingly difficult to convince myself that I don't want to jump into a vintage style dress with darts and zippers and lots of gatherings before I have even made a simple skirt. I know that I don't but that dress was just so darn cute.

But I bought myself a book of simple patterns for around the home that I can use to practice my pattern following on and they are cute too so hopefully that will appease my inner id (or is it ego? Freud is confusing). They are simple and should be quick enough that I can complete them in a day or two. If projects take too long, I get bored with them.

So now I have to go buy fabric which might be fun or might be depressing and frustrating. It was really hard to find cute fabric for Craig's quilt, which still isn't done because I got bored (see above). This town has lots of people (I was very pc there, it should probably read SAHM) who do scrapbooking and sewing so there is a lot of fabric but it is all ugly. Okay, not all, but let's just say I have plenty of options if I am looking for something flora or anything that could possible be mistaken for a Laura Ashley design. And that isn't quite what I am going for in my living room. I might have to resort to my friend the internet, which has lots of cute fabric for reasonable prices, but it has to come in the mail and I am feeling the urge to sew now, not in 5 days. In 5 days I will probably be feeling lazy about sewing and ready to start blogging more but I will not be able to blog about my cute new finished sewing projects because I will not have done them. It's a vicious cycle which I blame totally and completely on floral fabric.

1 comment :

  1. sewing is one of those things that seems to hit, until you get halfway through, and then you never want to see it again...or until 2 weeks from now, whatever comes first. :)

    ReplyDelete