1.31.2008

Reason #242 Why Craig is the Best Husband Ever!

Earlier this week, I had to pump my own gas. Now, you are probably thinking that I must've had a boring week since I am writing about pumping gas and while that may be true, (don't judge me and my laundry doing, grocery shopping, in bed by 10:30 self) but that is not why I am writing about it. It's because it really is a monumental thing in my life to have to do so.

It seems like such an everyday thing, but I haven't had to do it is a really long time. You must realize that I hate hate hate getting gas. The machines always stop working when I try to use them and I can't figure out how to scan my stupid grocery card to get a discount and then my hands end up all smelly. In the past, if I knew I had to get gas, I would avoid driving my car, and it wasn't about the money, just the hassle. And if I did have to, it would practically ruin my day.

But I say, "In the past" because Craig is super sweet and knowing how much I hate the gas pumping experience, he makes sure I don't have to if at all possible. Even though I drive the car to work more than he does, I am pretty sure that Tuesday was the first time I had pumped gas in the last 12.5 months. Yep, since we got married! And I hadn't really even realized it until I was standing there waiting for it to fill. He really is a pretty great guy.

6 comments :

  1. I just really like the smell of gasoline.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Craig, are you a huffer? I think that they have programs for that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, did we miss the first 241 reasons?

    But 242 IS an excellent reason. Your Dad will never have THAT as a reason (though he has many others) . . . he waits until the cars have fumes; then I panic and gas them up! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. :) you guys are so cute, you make me happy! i like the new background btw!

    ReplyDelete
  5. i hate pumping gas, too!!!

    craig is SUPER for taking care of that for you!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Craig,
    We need to talk. You are giving the rest of us a bad name...

    MacKenzie's dad

    ReplyDelete